Thursday, November 11, 2010

This little tree is the Queen of the forest


This week  they are celebrating  children's day   in my daughter's school.  This tree costume is for the fancy dress competition . 

 In the top I have used two different shades of brown for the body and sleeve. I painted with fabric colors to make it look like the trunk of the tree.



Then I stitched the top. For the pant I managed with the brown color tracksuit.


The branches and leaves were not that much easy to make. I first made it with a thermocol.


In this I made a mistake, you can notice one side is very thin than the other. when I fix this in her face to check whether it fits, it break down. The thermocol is not very flexible.Then I made the other one with cardboard and chart paper. It will be easy to paint in the chart than the cardboard. So I pasted the chart over the cardboard.


 and painted with fabric colors, outlined it with black.



I also attached a cord behind it, so that it can be  tied  around the head and hands.


update:
I am linking this to Artsy-Craftsy Jan-2011